Friday, May 15

Gum Tree 5K Run


David and I have really tried hard this past year to change some habits and become "Healthy!!" He joined the Wellness Center and I have been meeting a friend for the past year each morning at 5:00a.m. Nell and I started out walking every morning and then when it turned cold we would meet in the church gym and work out with BOB!! (from The Biggest Loser) She and I decided that we wanted to do the Gum Tree Run---Clay and David just laughed at us!! It turned out they decided they would join us!! It was our first time ever to partcipate in a run, much less 6.2 miles. The morning of the run it was pouring down rain, a pretty severe storm and we really thought what have we gotten ourselves in to!! But we had a blast!! We all finished the race and didn't come in last (which was our goal). Proud to say our time was 1:25:24!! We all think we might add more runs to our list in the future!! We are all going to keep working on staying healthy.

2 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

A few years ago I did the Bodock Festival Run in Pontotoc and no kidding I came in DEAD LAST!! My friend was driving the firetruck that brought up the rear and he kept honking the horn at me... and everyone was cheering me on like I was winning the dern thing! How embarrassing!! I keep saying that I want to really train and go back and really run it! That's awesome that ya'll did the Gumtree! Way to go!

dgable said...

Way to go Kerrie. I ran across your blog from Kasey's so I added you to my friend list! Your girls are so cute!